http://jenniferblyth.com/compelling/audioĐ“Ń“Đ’ŃžĐ“ŃžĐ˛Đ‚Ń™Đ’ÂŹĐ“â€šĐ’ÂŚ Secondary Years School Programme
Years 7 to 11, Key Stages 3 and 4
We provide students in our Secondary school with the stimulating National Curriculum of England, leading to IGCSE qualifications and then the A Level program. These qualifications are internationally recognized for entry into higher education or employment.
http://rfsarchitects.com/woolpert-engineering-tenant-improvements/woolpert_engineering_2/ The Academic Programme
The DS Senior School offers IGCSE qualifications leading to the A Level programme. These qualifications are internationally recognised for entry into higher education or employment.
The aim of the Year 7 to 8 programme is to build on the learning from Key Stage 2 and prepare students for success in the IGCSE courses.
Following the National Curriculum of England, students study the following subjects:
- English (Language & Literature)
- Second Language (Hindi / French)
- UAE Social Studies
- Islamic Studies (Muslim Students) PSHE (For Non-Muslims)
- Physical Education
Years 9 to 11
The aim of the Year 9 to 11 curriculum is to provide a comprehensive course of study that pushes students to develop critical thinking skills beyond rote learning, research and writing skills in order to expand their own academic and developmental progress.
Students in Year 9 are offered the following subjects in the IGCSE programme (EdExcel Board).
Choices for the subjects are made during Year 8, which are studied in depth starting in Year 9.
Students will pursue eight IGCSE courses. Four of these are compulsory and will be taken by all students. They will also select four optional subjects (in addition to the compulsory subjects) with parental approval.
Compulsory Subjects are:
- English Language
- Second Language Hindi/French
- Arabic (following the Ministry of Education guidelines and curriculum)
- Islamic Studies (for Muslim students following the Ministry of Education guidelines and curriculum) leading to IGCSE Islamic Studies
- Non-Muslim students have a choice of Environmental Management or History.
Optional Subjects are:
- Business Studies