Tinidazole us Welcome from the Head of School
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year.
We are excited about this school year. I hope you follow us on our Facebook page and our Instagram account (DubaiScolars1976). Here you will get daily and weekly updates on all the exciting things happening in our school.
This year’s focus will be on using data in an effort to individualise your child’s learning. Every child has a different starting point and learns differently. Utilising our internal assessments with our external assessments and triangulating this with your child’s CAT4 results allows us to find gaps in the learning and correct them. All of our faculty are involved in professional learning triads where they collaboratively work on ways to improve classroom learning based on these triangulated data results.
Here are some exciting new changes for this academic year.
- Years 2 to 6 will have new classroom furniture to help support their learning.
- Increase in the number of school video cameras to ensure greater safety.
- Last spring, we leased the land adjacent to the school for own transit drop off and pick up providing some relief to the traffic at opening and dispersal.
- Foundation Stage classes will see the addition of Interactive Digital Panels. These interactive flat panels allow teachers to easily enhance interactive learning while providing a healthy learning environment for student learning.
- We are increasing the number of positions on our Student Councils in order to increase student participation.
- Our IGCSE results continue to be outstanding. 65 Percent of our students achieved A and A*, while 90 percent in the A and B category.
- Increased use of digital platforms to enhance classroom learning. (Google Classroom, iPads and Tablets).
- You will shortly be receiving your child’s GL result. Overall the results continue to be very good to outstanding. The GL results are used to benchmark how we are doing on an international level.
Finally, this year joining our Senior Leadership team will be Ms. Sapna Changrani and Ms. Sairah Shaukat.
Ms. Changrani will perform the duties of Assistant Head of Secondary. She will be leading our dedicated team of Faculty Heads in ensuring that we have a vibrant and forward-thinking Senior School.
In addition, Ms. Sairah Shaukat will work as the Ed. Tech Innovation Leader in the area of IT/ Educational Technology leading and supporting innovations in the use of technology in our classrooms.
Head of School
Dubai Scholars Private School